Sunday, March 7, 2010

My mom was right ...

I still remember Jan 13th, 2009 (Previous Blog: The Place, March 28th 2009). It is one of those days which are etched in life and cannot be forgotten. I still remember Mar 8th. When i was forcing my mom to accept, for a girl i like. I still remember the conversation. I was arguing in all possible ways. But every argument stopped at the point my mom made, 'You still don't know much about the girl'. I was irritated, restless and stubborn. But a clear conscious of me always said I should not do something my mom does not like. So I made up my mind that I am not taking a step without convincing my mom. For me it is important.
For her she had a clear reasoning. She told me without mincing words, that she knows me. She knows me so well that she knows what kind of a girl I should have in my life. She told me most girls fool around about the idea of love and marriage. She told me I should not go behind a girl just like that.
From that day to this I am arguing with myself if i should listen to her. After all my mom knows me. A girl can be a anything but clear about life. She makes you drink poison with exceptional ease. In fact she pays to get the most exotic whiskeys from around the world, she pays to make you drink most caffeine. She pays to make you drink all the poison just to sink deep into you that she loves someone else. While I am still groping to decide on what is happening from last one year, thinking how things are... here is the one who is on a fast mode. She probably feels/sees that things cannot happen with me or gets delayed or whatever and decides to move on. (like the fast track ad, "Move-on").
The constraint which force a (an Indian traditional) boy and girl are always constant. Nothing changes with those. Neither the parents like nor the siblings like. Neither the aunts or friends like. It is same in every relation. It is not that a girl succumbs to these and decides that someone else is more acceptable. It is only that she wants to move, probably because she finds a 'better' guy. "Better" is always argumentative and debatable. It is again changing. So no wonder that she finds another "Better" guy tomorrow and she moves on again.
The worst part is that she does not realize that it is on the same day, one year back that both of us argued at home. At that point she had no qualms about what we are talking at home. At that point this was an agreeable (if not pleasing) to talk at home. Then the only reason which hold her back (as well as me) was that none of the family members agree to that relation. Fast forward by one year, even now with the new relation the situation is same. No one agrees to at home for the new relation but she wants to pursue it. How long? I am not a girl to answer this. And only another women can answer this.
I have not known women to such an extent. After all for a boy, a special girl in his life is very special. But for women probably men are a bit more than a contact lens or a pair of jeans, which one uses for a while and discard when you find a better option or when you are bored of using it. But my mom has lived her life and knows girls better. She knows how they behave and what will be acceptable to me. Thanks mom.. You are right.

1 comment:

  1. No one can probably understand, what you intend here, better than I . It is not a problem with the gender but with the relationship. Your relation with your Mom is 100% complete. By "Complete" I mean love and understanding shared from both sides (you and your Mom). Thatz why she could judge and advise you. I don't think your relationship with the girl was complete. It could have been either one sided commitment or incomplete from both parties. I can't say which one. That is why it doesn't last as long as you want. All you can do now is just "Move on".

    ReplyDelete