Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Place ...

It is same, every time I come over here. Nothing changes. Water pool, cool breeze from swaying of the trees, people who are too busy with their conversations that they are unaware of passer-bys, business men digging their heads deep into the laptop screens, the waiters scuttling here and there in all hurry even when the order flows are not brisk. But it is not the same that day. That day it was quite, not that there were no conversations but it was a peace in heart which made me hear the silence. That day it was a happy surrounding, it was not that businessmen did not wear the grim looks on their face but it was optimism in me which made me saw those smiles behind the faces on closing deals. That day it was warm, not that there was no cold breeze blowing but it was the warmth generated by hope. That day it was enthusiastic not that the waiters scuttled more but because I wanted that answer I was looking for. But that day was different, not that I did not get the answer which I was expecting but that it raised fears in me “What if”.
Every time I visited the “Lavazza Barista” @ Leela Palace, I had a uniquely life defining spell on my life. The first time I went there, was on a business deal. I never knew that it is such an important deal that my days in job will be filled completely with it. The second time i visited was different, this time I had a personal “deal”. I am looking for this to happen. Though there was initial resistance, I got the answer I was looking for. But that visit changed my peace. From that day onwards there was this fear in me “What if” the “deal” did not happen? Though I have not much to influence on it, at the end I am involved into it completely. This fear still haunts me till day. These days I go there restricting myself to business deals else the sleeping fear is again aroused. On these visits when I occasionally lift my head and see a young couple, sipping coffee and talking endlessly, images of past flow through. And then the fear grips my heart. What if? What if it did not happen? What if it comes to an abrupt stop? What if I can never visit the place with all the hope I had in past? Though I collect myself and start looking at the work in hand, the fear doesn’t leave me soon. I promise myself I will not visit the coffee shop anymore. But professional dedication demands more than just your professional life and I inevitably land up there again for my next deal. Till today I am still living with hope for a miracle day to return to the place in all smiles. But What if??

No comments:

Post a Comment